Mark is the founder of Sports Med Ireland. He qualified as a Chartered Physiotherapist in 1993 from Trinity College Dublin. He worked in USA for a number of years before returning to Ireland to complete a Masters in Sports Medicine in TCD. He has extensive experience in Sports Medicine and has worked with athletes at all levels from weekend warriors to Olympians.
- Physiotherapist /Strength and Conditioning coach to Irish Olympic Sailing team (2006-present)
- Past Physiotherapist and Strength coach to Derval O’Rourke (Bronze medal European Indoor Champs Turin 2008, 4th place Worls Champs Berlin 2009, Siver Medal European Champs Barcelona 2010)
- Consultant to IRFU National squad 2003-04
- Physiotherapist to Irish U21 Rugby team 2002-03
- Physiotherapist /Strength and Conditioning coach to Clontarf RFC 1999-2002
Sports Medicine experience: